Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a day to be grateful and I am blessed beyond measure in all kinds of ways. But since today is not only Thanksgiving, but the 26th of November, one blessing in particular stands out: my husband. Today is Will's 38th birthday!

Will is tall and handsome, smart and kind, hardworking and disciplined, athletic and fun. He is more than anything I could have ever dreamed up. No one makes me laugh like he does, and we can make a rip-roaring time of anything. And I mean anything. Grocery shopping is a total hoot with him. And yet he's also a person of depth. He reads a lot, prays a lot and thinks a lot. He's just a total stud. I can't even imagine who I would be without him. He's spurred me, loved me and encouraged me for nearly half my life. So this Thanksgiving I am so thankful for Will. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me such a wonderful mate.

So who are you thankful for today? May we be faithful in telling the people we love how thankful we are for them.

On a different note, I am going to start blogging on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unlike Will, I am not a disciplined person so I need deadlines and commitments to keep me on track. Spur has proven to be a great tool for personal accountability, and my goal for the rest of 2009 is to start in the book of John and read through to the end of the Bible. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll blog about something in the passages that I have read. For example, on Tuesday I plan to blog from John 1.

I would love to have some of you join me in reading this section. It's a pretty ambitious reading schedule, but we can spur one another on, right?

3 comments:

Kim said...

would love to join with you in reading! thankful for YOU friend and happy b-day to Will! Enjoy this day.

Mom said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband.

Kristie said...

Thank you sweet, Kim, for reading along! And my dearest Madre, so glad we figured out how you can comment. Hopefully it will work at home as well.